Friday, September 05, 2008

Rev Gals Friday Five: Vulnerability

1. Is vulnerability something that comes easily to you, or are you a private person?
It is so hard to humble. I like to think I am invincible. I am working on that.

2.How important is it to keep up a professional persona in work/ ministry?
I like to think I am very professional when it comes to my job. I have been doing this for 13 and 1/2 years now. Professionalism is a must.

3. Masks, a form of self protection discuss...
I don't think I have masks, maybe walls though. My walls are pretty thick and have endured the test of time.

4. Who knows you warts and all?
Any woman that I ever told I loved. Very elite group.

5. Share a book, a prayer, a piece of music, a poem or a person that touches the deep place in your soul, and calls you to be who you are most authentically.
Jupiter - Gustov Holst which I already posted here.
I also wrote an untitled poem in the early nineties that speaks volumes about my soul.

The wind whispered with no sound
The sun stared me down
I was working-
Painting shingles.
I looked downward
People were piercing my perplexed
Precarious situation
And I waved to them
With no meaning.
I moved the ladder
One more inch & tightened
The rope surrounding my body,
I started to climb
For the last time
Of the day.
I admired the heavens,
And my foot slipped from under me
Gracefully, with no time
There was silence
And no rhyme -
I floated forever
Bet fell for a matter of seconds.
When my back hit
The building
Time began slowly;
What life I have had
I witnessed for moments.
I felt life dearing
And with strength & agility
I twisted my way,
Like a squirrel climbing a tree,
To the roof top
Where my soul was waiting
I sighed with relief
And as I glanced over the edge
The wind whispered with no sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment