Thursday, December 20, 2007

RevGals Friday Five: It's Almost Christmas

RevHRod of RevGals writes:
I have debated with myself for weeks about today's Friday Five.
Self 1: It should be deep and theological.
Self 2: But it's almost Christmas, it should be fun and warm and sweet.
Self 1: But your last Friday Five was sort of silly. You should show your more serious side.
Self 2: You worry WAY too much!

So after consulting with my fourteen year old daughter, we're going playful, pals o' mine! I love stories, so I hope you'll tell some about your favorite Christmas memories.
~~

1) What was one of your favorite childhood gifts that you gave:
When I was 16 I found this beer stein that was a boot at a rummage sale for 25 cents, I have wrapped it and gave it to my father that Christmas.

2) What is one of your favorite Christmas recipes?
Peanut Squares
This is a catch all desert, good at anytime during the year. I think the recipe is cutting angel food cake into squares, add frosting to all sides, then add crushed peanuts to the sides. Done. It is like the best "guy" recipe.

3) What is a tradition that your family can't do without? (And by family, I mean family of origin, family of adulthood, or that bunch of cool people that just feel like family.)
I really have no idea. I will end up giving my sergeant some time to attend mass, then it is back to work.

4) Pastors and other church folk often have very strange traditions dictated by the "work" of the holidays. What happens at your place?
I may sing some carols until my sergeant can't take it anymore. Maybe a tad longer than that.

5)If you could just ditch all the traditions and do something unexpected... what would it be?
Visit another country.

No comments:

Post a Comment