Monday, December 31, 2007

I Looked into the Mirror

Boy, am I ugly.

I made it.
It is 2008.

Yea. Can you feel the excitement pouring out my skin. The surreal, the bliss of it all. No?
Well, I watched the Air Force Academy get their asses handed to them by Cal Tech during the change over. There were a few cheers on another TV and those watching it, to which was a little humorous since we have a lag of five minutes out here on most programing that boasts a live show.
There some sort of revival at one of the DFACs which I didn't go, food topped my priority, so I ate instead. A few of the other SNCOs (Staff Non Commisioned Officers) got a burn permit(we do that out here too) and had a little fire. I stopped by, it just wasn't the same. It was hot and bright as fire is supposed to be, but there was something that just didn't feel right to me.

I am "happy"...we are ending our deployment soon. Until my foot touches American soil, my year is not over.

No comments:

Post a Comment