Wednesday, November 23, 2005

T minus 250: Day 115

It is Thanksgiving. In about 2 hours I will be departing to my SNCOIC's (Staff Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge) house with about 6 other Marines. I plan to bring some cheese and summer sausage my mother sent me with some Ritz I bought yesterday. All should be well, I am breaking out some good clothes I brought with me. ( I had a woman helped me buy it, so I am in fashion.)

Yesterday, I ran my second half of the year PFT (Physical Fitness Test). Not fun. I didn't do nearly as well as I have in the past. I did my 100 crunches with 12 pull-ups (counted) and a 24 minute 18 second run time. The younger Marines thought that it was pretty good, I know better and should have done better. My "boss" thought it was not "bad" for a thirty year old. Well, let me tell you all first I am hurting today. I will probably be hurting tomorrow too. I still have not done the math but I think it is around a 223 or 222, something like that. It is about 20 points lower than my last one and about 35 points lower than the one before.

The monitors will be here in a couple of weeks. (The guys who tell everyone where they are going to be stationed.) I plan to figure out what my next steps will be. At the moment, an extension here is looking like the best option. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment