Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Jury Duty

It is one those things that all men are required to do when they turn 18. Then sometime after, the jury selection comes. My first selection for jury duty came when I was about to go to boot camp. Would you believe it they want me to do it again?

The cool part is they pay you. It says here in the letter that I will be paid $17.50 for each half day, plus mileage round trip. The mileage is 38.5 cents a mile.

Well, I called them last night and told them I would be happy to do jury duty. I am 5266 miles from the Manitowoc County Courthouse in Wisconsin. So, if you do the math, if I stand jury duty for one half day I should be compensated $4072.32.

I think it's a good deal.

They told me I will probably be disqualified.

I hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment