In honor of all the beloved animal companions who bless our lives: tell us about the five most memorable pets you have known.
1) Cuddles - an attack toy poodle with a heart condition, Everyone I knew was afraid of this ankle biter, put to sleep in late eighties.
2) Sturgis - Only dog on my street to open the frig and grab a can without breaking it and bringing it to you; died by way of UPS truck 13 years ago.
3) Knuckles - Tree frog, feared by many answered to a few. Lived in a drawer on the USS Nassau ('96), set free in Roosevelt Roads, Puerto Rico.
4) Lady - Farm dog of my uncle's, she hated cows. Played too hard and was rested after ten years.
5) Sammy - Farm dog of my uncle's, given to neighbor after my uncle's passing.