Thursday, September 15, 2005

September Stress

-The constant change in my venue has reminded me of what being a Marine is all about. I have mentioned this before in a previous post.

-The "per diem" that I am supposed to receive for being here, has not been received. And as my current rank I am not authorized to drive a non government vehicle. The cab fare for 4 miles is 8 dollars. I don't know how many of you have been to Yuma, but everything is at least 4 miles away, probably more like 10 to 15 miles.

-The real stress in my life seems to be that message I have waiting for. You know, the one that says whether I will get that promotion or not. I know of few things I could have done to make myself look better on paper. My excuse was the job tempo of my previous command. (Everyone has an excuse, I am not the exclusion.) In fact, I was denied Professional Military Education (PME) twice due to this operation tempo. Of course, none of that is documented. So, if I don't get the promotion and the reason is my PME, I will definitely not be a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment