Saturday, September 17, 2005

T minus 315 : Day 40 : Rotation Time minus 48

I survived the "typhoon." I deployed to the states. I have slept an eradicated schedule. I have a stomach virus. I have been SIQ (sick in quarters) for the last few days. I am still living in a icebox in the middle of the desert. Oh, and I have a head cold.

All in all, not bad. Not bad at all. Could be worse... Right?

I personally wish to have deployed to the Middle East, then at least my crappy sleep/work schedule would not bother me as much.

I just read an article about the diversity on the social order of America and the military. I agree with the author. There is no point in going into specifics. The military is a scapegoat for the rational teenager and rational parent to have. We do our job, and they go to soccer games and PTA meetings and have coffee and cookies. I am paraphrasing here but I think you get the drift.

Even though I am in the good ol' US of A, the time here counts as if I were still overseas. That is the reason for the title of this post.


The good part of being sick is the fact I am getting lots of sleep. The bad part of being sick is I am getting lots of sleep.

Have you ever read the "Lockhorns?" It is a comic strip. When you have the opportunity you should. My life is similar. I am just missing the wife part right now.

I am been chaste or pure as of late. I don't know how becoming that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment