Thursday, March 29, 2007

News Junkie

I am a news junkie; I have been for some time. If fact, I spend a good portion of my day reading the headlines and sub-headlines of many different newspapers. I also include the editorials.



Why editorials do, you ask. Simple. When anyone writes an article, the views of the writer are included and show the direction in which he or she wants you to view that subject as well.



That may be part of the reason I read several sources of news. I like BBC, Fox News, CNN, and Discovery. Sometimes I will read something by a "no namer" but for most of the time it is one the few I listed.



The news as it pertains to the good ol' US of A, I feel, is real important and directly affects my life, so I pay attention to Congress, the President and one occasion the Supreme Court.



Now that I have explained myself, I wish to talk (or criticize) about the majority of the minority who knows everything about military issues and what is best in America. To me, this category of people is: individuals who speak for others whether they agree with them or not. Did that make sense?



This group in my opinion are actors, singers, activists, lobbyists, et cetera who are popular because they lie well, are lustful, or some "evil" act that is popularized by American society.



What degree or journeyman did these people receive to lead everyone else in a fight that they have no experience with? I know it is not common sense and I know they didn't buy it at Wal-Mart.



I could easily write about this subject all day, but I have a job to do.



The flip side is I stood in line for a half in hour so I could either use the telephone or the computer for about 25 minutes but not both. ( Had this been 10 years ago I would have wrote this down on a napkin and stuck it my scrap book I have carrying round for the last 12 years or so and my grandkids would be the only ones reading it. )



My point for this was actually done in about three sentences, but I felt you all needed the background and the 'cause and effect' before getting there. I apologize for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment