Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Navy Showers

We are supposed to take "navy showers".

Here's the definition:
Wet body,
Lather body with soap,
Rinse body,
and you're done!

The idea is to have plenty of hot water for everyone and to conserve on water.

Well, the water (for showers and sinks) is "made" and is disinfected water and in turn is not potable.

All I want is five minutes of hot water, I don't think this is too much to ask for. Is it? If you give five minutes, of straight, hot water, then I will take those navy showers my superiors tell us to take.

The typical shower I get at 0400 (morning) is excruciating hot water for one minute, then sub zero cold water for 30 seconds, then warm water for 5 seconds. This cycle will then repeat and the times for each temperature are not the same, it varies.

The rumor is the best time to take a shower is mid-day. When some of the offenders of not taking the five minute showers are taking longer, in theory. But who cares, its day time and it is warm outside. I am not afforded the opportunity to take showers during the day, for I have a job. Hell, I seldom eat lunch, much less, even thinking of taking my clothes off to get clean. I mean really, why would I want to bathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment