Thursday, June 23, 2005

Checking out

All this week I have been checking out of MCAS Yuma. If fact someone realized I did not have enough time on my contract for my move to Japan, so, this morning my contract has been extended. (Yea!) This doesn't really mean much other than my EAS (end of service) is a later date.

Now here I am, about 2 weeks out from my last day in the squadron, and I really don't have any responsibilities. I kind of feel like I don't know what to do with myself. I did ask to go home. I was denied. Such is life.

The real "fun" is tomorrow, my last day for PT(physical training) and since it was my choice for what we are doing, I wanted to do a "Telegraph Pass" run. I recieved all my approvals from the higher ups and we will have a safety vehicle. I have a feeling that my Marines will remember me as the asshole who made them run up a mountain for 2 hours. That's okay. I do the trek twice a month, anyway. Should be real fun.

In retrospect, the area here is very simular to the Middle East so this great training.

No comments:

Post a Comment