Saturday, June 04, 2005

Japan and the last few years leading to it.

For those of you that haven't heard, I am on my way to Japan for a 1 year stint. Knowing the Marine Corps and all of its "Red Tape" and "Green Weinie Awards" I feel there may be a good chance of me stayinga little longer than 365 days. That's reality. Yes, I did say Japan, but odds are good I won't just stay there either.
I really just have to count my blessings and say I was fortunate to stay in a non-deployable unit for the last 5 years. This is one of the things that has bothered me the most since being a Marine. Not the fact that I have not deployed for a little under half the time I have served but that my family actually came to visit me. This I don't understand, I have spent time in beautiful places, places that have many activities places that are green, but I did not have one visit there, no, I have been visited in the desert. Little to nothing to do, and unless Arizona landscaping (desert and cactus) is your premier choice for a backyard, it has been the most "dry" place one person could spend in the Marine Corps. My brother, my Mom, my Dad, and several other family members took the trek to this "God forsaken" place.

No comments:

Post a Comment