Thursday, August 02, 2007

Reality on an August Afternoon

Today, while the sun was passing over the horizon and the blast furnace seemed to go down a notch, I realized "I really hate this place."

I know 'hate' is a strong word, but the only real benny out here is the tax free part.

I can see me now, (dreamland) sitting on my back porch on my rocker with a plush pillow seat, rocking to the beat of Hair of the Dog, drinking a frothy beverage in an iced mug, on cool afternoon talking with some friends with some 2 string, one string, no string guitars.

Then suddenly, it all comes back to me, with the dust cloud surrounding the base, I am still in Iraq and I can not give blood today since I gave last week. So I look at it in sorrow that I cannot help that soldier or Marine today.

No comments:

Post a Comment