Friday, October 10, 2008

Rev Gals Friday Five: Business Trip

1. Does your job ever call for travel? Is this a joy or a burden?
When the recruiter dropped his experience cards on the table, one was travel. I was to pick three, I didn't pick travel. Since being in the Corps I have stepped foot in six continents and have visited three countries that don't exist anymore by name. There have been joys but I would never call any of it a burden.

2. How about that of your spouse or partner?
Let me tell you a story, one of my deployments I knew of one hundred and fourteen married couples. After about six months of returning, of those couples, twelve were still married.

3. What was the best business trip you ever took?
Hard to say, I had more fun in Okinawa over a longer period of time, but if you at a single stop that highlights a fun and excitement it would have been Valencia, Malta.

4. ...and the worst, of course?
Zaire, Africa There wasn't any one particular city that sticks out. I saw and felt more destruction and pain in that 67 day period than any other.

5. What would make your next business trip perfect?
Use of both arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment