Friday, October 03, 2008

Rev Gals Friday Five: St Francis of Assisi

(Side note: I was clueless of this saint before today. My heathen side may reign.)

1. Saint Francis experienced a life changing call, has anything in your journey so far challenged you to alter your lifestyle?
My injury to my wrist has been the most life changing experience that I can ever recall of having. Unless, of course, you include my career choice, that might be the big one.

2. Francis experienced mocking and persecution, quite often in the comfortable west this is far from our experience. If you have experienced something like this how do you deal with it, if not how does it challenge you to pray for those whose experience is daily persecution?
I know I am right and that is all that matters. When I find myself nervous for what ever reason, I engage in conversation and it soothes me soul.

3 .St Francis had female counterpart in St Clare, she was influenced by St Francis sermon and went on to found the Poor Clare's, like the Franciscans they depended on alms this was unheard of for women in that time, but she persisted and gained permission to found the order. How important are role models like St Clare to you? Do you have a particular female role model whose courage and dedication inspires you? If so share their story....
I was asked a about my role models many times and really, I don't think I ever had one. I did, always like Ronald Reagan though.
“Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.” -Ronald Reagan

4. Francis loved nature and animals, how important is an expressed love of the created world to the Christian message today?

I don't have a good answer, I am a warrior and the simple things in life is what I love.

5. On a lighter note; have you ever led a service of blessing for animals, or a pet service, was it a success, did you enjoy it, and would you do it again?

Never. My sermons entail the espirit of Manhood and Womanhood and to never let anything stop you on your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment