Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Fun with Navy Medicine, Part XVI

My sutures were taken out today. The doctor explained that he had "cleaned" up some of my frayed ligaments and tendons and found what is probably causing the majority of the pain. Two bones within my wrist are separated more than they are supposed to be. The equivalent of 150 times wider gap than what is normal. The rest was relatively normal or what it is supposed to look like.

The bone gap answer at the moment is to do more occupational therapy. After a few weeks of strengthening exercises in that area if there is not an improvement another surgery will be scheduled. The surgery in essence would be shortening my ligaments in that area and unlike the recovery from this one which was two weeks it would be eight for that one.

Why neither of MRIs showed this or why no one caught it, is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment