Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Psychos R Us, Part IV

His Needs, Her Needs. Is actually a book I have received this week by Willard F. Harley Jr. And we, the head doctor and I, discussed it for part of my session today. I have read the intro, preface, chapter one and part of chapter two, as well as the appendixes. It reminds me greatly of a book by Dr. John Gray I had read years ago called Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.

(One thing I have definitely learned, just because you sell a lot of books doesn't mean you know what you are talking about.)

The basic premise of the book is simple enough, men are different than women. Duh. Everything in both books is geared towards the married couple, and I am not married. But the principles in each are solid enough that if you practice what is preached by both parties there is a strong possibility a marriage or a relationship with someone can endure for many years.

The phrase it takes two to tango comes to mind a lot. Either way, this is part of my "homework" for the week. How to start or sustain a healthy relationship. Healthy in this sense, is the monogamous nature of both parties being happy in said relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment