Sunday, August 10, 2008

Post Number Six Hundred and Sixty-Six

I could never be in Wisconsin for more than a few years at a time. I couldn't be anywhere for more than a few years at a time. I am a nomad. Kind of. After high school, the longest I have ever been in one place was Yuma, Arizona. (I also have ocean front property there.) So it may be better that I have homes in the West and one now in the East. Maybe one day if things work out, I will have one in the Midwest as well. That way I could kind of jump around from one place to the other and not really get sick of one place and have the option to return on happier terms. ( I am also in debt past my eyeballs for awhile.)

The big picture of things, really, is I have about six years and six months of the Marine Corps until retirement. That is the goal. By accomplishing that goal, I should have the resources and the foresight to be able to live my life the way I want to. I may still need a job, but I won't have to make sacrifices of taking a job I don't want.

I figure at my current state of affairs I should be able to drop my current debt to around two hundred thousand by the time I retire. That should give you an indication of how much debt I have now. (If you are looking for a sugar daddy, stop reading here.)

I have been wondering what I want to do in seven years, and I really haven't the foggiest. I do know what I don't want to do and that is a start.

I do not plan on moving back to Wisconsin permanently. I would like to visit on occasion, but that is about as far as it gets for me. I still consider myself a cheesehead. Cheeseheads don't have to stay in Wisconsin they can be nomads like me.

I figure because I have moved so much since I have been in may be the big reason behind it all. I have gotten used to moving. I am pretty good at it. The only things I have ever lost in a move was due to external parties "helping" me. My number of possessions are really to a minimum. I still have lots of stuff, but nothing in comparison to those who stay rooted to one spot over a decade. And maybe that is a blessing as well. The items I do exchange or rid myself of, I always find out if friends are in need of it first before selling or giving it to the local charities.

In the end, I look and see a promising future.

No comments:

Post a Comment