Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rant Number 614

I just spent the last three hours on the phone with NMCI (Navy Marine Corps Intranet). The problem that I was trying to get resolved is still not resolved. Basically, I just wasted my time. I have an issue with PDF documents. It appears to the common user to be a software problem, but the technician on the other side said my CD-ROM drive was the culprit. I have nothing in my CD-ROM drive, the document is on my computer, what the fuck does that have anything to do with viewing documents. The technician, if that is what he is called, told me to get a new CD-ROM installed or a new computer. Right, that is going to happen. Let say it does happen they take my computer away, odds are I won't get a "loaner" and the original won't be here for months. At the end of our conversation he said to call back if that doesn't fix the problem. Holy begeezus! So really, he didn't have a clue what was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment