Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Walls are Closing In

Do you ever feel like the walls are closing in at an alarming rate? So fast that by the time you feel you could put your arms out to stop it, you are already being crushed. Well, that has been the gist of what I have been experiencing lately. Of course, beer doesn't help, but it sure tastes good. I know my problems are light in comparison to most people. I know that life could be a lot worse. I know that in the big picture of things I am doing better than the majority of people my age. But knowing all of that, doesn't change anything. Luckily, since I have a wondrous and colorful past of near death experiences and total poverty, my outlook on life has a certain "moral flexibility". Since I have this moral flexibility, I know I am going to hell. I have my own name plate with poisonous shards sticking through it. Odds are, there isn't any beer in hell either.

I am sure that Mephistopheles is taking the tally very serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment