Monday, June 16, 2008

The Ugly Duckling

As the years have gone by, so have my smooth skin and my pure brown hair. I know in my youth that I was an attractive young man. I know that I hesitated very little before doing something, almost anything. I was easy to please and virtually happy for almost all of my teens and twenties. (I know I am young yet.) For the last few years though, things have been changing. I don't feel I am as attractive as I once was. I have wrinkles and parts of my body hurt almost everyday. I have gray hair coming out in all sorts of odd places. And I really haven't been happy. I have been content, but not happy. I am not sure what has all changed and I am not sure I really want to go back. My career seems to be on hold as I try "to get fixed" and healthy. I hope for the best and prepare for the worst, which is not how it used to be. It used to be hope the best and God help me for the worst. Sometimes, I wish someone would tell me that I am good looking. Just once in while, I don't need that everyday.

It would be nice to hear it, once.

No comments:

Post a Comment