Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Fun with Navy Medicine, Part Seven, Subsection A

For the most part my wrist hurts all the time. On a scale of one to ten, during the early morning it is a bout a two or three, unless I sleep funny then it is hard to predict. By mid day, if I keep it immobilized, I am looking at about a six; if I use my left arm (like a dumbass) then it tends to be about an eight or nine. By the time someone would have their afternoon tea it has never been less than an eight. As you can see, it is obvious that by the time I go nightie-nite the pain level just fucking sucks.

On my trip back I had to "ration" my meds so I was waiting until I felt I was going to cry from the pain before I would take anything. So for about a week or so my pain levels never really dropped below a six. Since being back, with the invention of beer, I have been able to not take my meds as often as I would have in Iraq. Also obviously, I do not take meds with alcohol. If I have a beer or whatever, I wait until the theoretical chart says the alcohol is out of my system before taking any medication. Because I love beer more than I love being in a loopy state, I prefer to drink my beer when I can.

Some of you have inquired about the typing thing, well, I probably should not be doing that. I should probably have someone else type it for me, and since I am single the odds of that happening are pretty slim. (On the lighter side of life, I am thinking about asking this hot single mom out for a date on Friday or Saturday which ever day she may have free.)

No comments:

Post a Comment