Friday, February 22, 2008

RevGals' Friday Five: Heaven

Singing Owl of RevGals has had the loss of her sister and has decided to a heavenly Friday five. She writes:

So how about we share five "heavenly" things? These can me serious or funny or a combination of the two.
What is your idea of a heavenly (i.e. wonderful and perfect):

1. Family get-together
I would have to say the first few days of whatever leave period I am on.

2. Song or musical piece
Ride of the Valkyries (The beginning of Act III of Die Walküre by Richard Wagner) My favorite is actually the Apocalypse Now version with the "warfare" in the background or foreground depending on your point of view.

3. Gift
Good Hug (Many)

4. You choose whatever you like-food, pair of shoes, vacation, house, or something else. Just tell us what it is and what a heavenly version of it would be.
I would normally answer with Twizzlers, but I think I may be in a transition phase with that. I suppose food wise I would have to say, roast duck. It is just awesome.

5. And for a serious moment, or what would you like your entrance into the next life to be like?
What, from your vantage point now, would make Heaven "heavenly?"

I would like to think that it is better than "this" but I am ready for a surprise. (I make fun of it all the time.)
I would say riding the breeze on a warm summer day would be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment