Friday, February 08, 2008

RevGals Friday Five: Lent

Mother Laura at the RevGals produced the following questions about Lent:

1. Did you celebrate Mardi Gras and/or Ash Wednesday this week? How?
It has past without me knowing about it.

2. What was your most memorable Mardi Gras/Ash Wednesday/Lent?
One year when I was much younger, like a pixie, myself and a few others rented a UHaul and drove to New Orleans. We used the UHaul as our bed/transportation/happy place for the four of us. It was the best non-remembered Mardi Gras that I have had.

3. Did you/your church/your family celebrate Lent as a child? If not, when and how did you discover it?
I went to church, got some ashes on my forehead and went back to school. The Catholics sometimes would just not show up to school and do some church thing. Wacky.

4. Are you more in the give-up camp, or the take-on camp, or somewhere in between?
I do not understand this question. I actually have no idea how I am supposed to answer this question.

5. How do you plan to keep Lent this year?
Sacrifices, right? I did that last year, thought I did a pretty good job at it. I think I am going to take a break this year. Time off for good behavior type of thing. What you do think?

No comments:

Post a Comment