Friday, February 15, 2008

RevGals' Friday Five: Baptism

For today's RevGals Friday five, I am telling you about my baptismal experiences. (Has something to do with this guy named, Nicodemus, to which I don't think I ever heard of before.)

1. When and where were you baptized? Do you remember it? Know any interesting tidbits?
November 1975, might have been a bad experience since I do not remember a thing about it. Maybe it was good, hard to say.

2. What's the most unexpected thing you've ever witnessed at a baptism?
I once saw a baby boy add to the baptismal water, you could say he left a deposit for the service.

3. Does your congregation have any special traditions surrounding baptisms?
Haven't found a good church since returning so this question does not apply as of yet.

4. Are you a godparent or baptismal sponsor? Have a story to tell?
I am a godfather of three. A niece and a boy and girl of an old friend from my first enlistment. Unfortunately, I have been neglecting my godfather duties the past few years. So off to the penalty box, I go.

5. Do you have a favorite baptismal song or hymn?
I would be lying if I said I did, no don't know of anything right off the top of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment