Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What I Want to Be When I Grow Up

President of the Federation of Planets
At least that is what I wanted to be earlier in life.
I know at age 35 I am eligible to be President of the United States.

With all seriousness, what I have been doing is trying to build my resume` as much as possible while I have been in. My trade is Aviation Electrician and have acquired a journeyman status for Electronics Technician, Electric Mechanic, and Maintenance Electrician for any industry. Basically that means I spent 8000 hours per skill as an apprentice completed by on the job training and work and am now a journeyman by the regulations from the Deportment of Labor.
I have been certifeid in the federal safety and instructor courses, which means I can teach or instruct OSHA level classes. I have a several other certifications but those are the big ones.

I just don't know if I want to do any of that after the Corps.

I was looking into Troops to Teachers, but I think I would need to mellow out more for that. Your next question would be: what would I teach? Probably history, always my favorite.

The thing is I have been trying to keep my certifications open or more broad as possible to keep my options open.

No comments:

Post a Comment