Friday, November 23, 2007

RevGals Friday Five: Post Thanksgiving

Singing Owl writes:
Thanksgiving is the American holiday when the greatest number of people travel somewhere else to celebrate. I am posting this from my son’s home in Minnesota where we are recovering from the food shopping and the preparations and the meal and the clean up. It is difficult to think of anything requiring much energy today, and I am enjoying my sweet baby granddaughter, so I will keep it simple. For those of you not in the USA, I apologize for the nationalistic tone of this Friday Five!

1. Did you go elsewhere for the day, or did you have visitors at your place instead? How was it?
I spent the day in Iraq, I didn't have any visitors so that was good.

2. Main course: If it was the turkey, the whole turkey, and nothing but the turkey, was it prepared in an unusual way? Or did you throw tradition to the winds and do something different?
I actually had a type of steak couldn't tell what kind or from what animal but it tasted okay.

3. Other than the meal, do you have any Thanksgiving customs that you observe every year?
When I am not deployed (and sometimes when I am) I try to enjoy it with someones family.

4. The day after Thanksgiving is considered a major Christmas shopping day by most US retailers. Do you go out bargain hunting and shop ‘till you drop, or do you stay indoors with the blinds closed? Or something in between?
I wrote about this below, no I do not shop. Not a crowd person. If football is on, I will watch that.

5. Let the HOLIDAY SEASON commence! When will your Christmas decorations go up?
There are up. Didn't I post that already? I added stockings on my desk that a nice woman from Washington and a nice woman from Florida sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment