Monday, November 05, 2007

The Truck

I have in my website several pictures of my '96 Ford Ranger in which I have painted several times. The thing that prompted this painting was this:




After this event, I attempted to fix it, but after another fender bender on Amarillo, Texas I said screw it.

The first original paint job was gold with chevrons on the fenders, but it didn't last very long.

This was followed shortly there after with a " 5-ton" color. I never understood why they look pale all the time until it finally rained. I had added some air-wing type terms with the type of humor I have. I have it displayed here.

Some time after that rain storm I took a little more time and used Marine Corps colors to paint my truck. This is the point when you may say I am a little proud. You can make your own assumptions. I had this paint job the longest.

The one thing you have to keep in mind is I didn't use high quality paint, so when the entire hood decide to chip up it was time to repaint. This was the last yellow paint job I had. (In the picture is a Chevy, it is not mine, it is my ex-wife's)

After that, I was experimenting with a digital patten to match our cammies and did various pattens. I did take a few pictures but I do not have access to them at the moment. Like I have mentioned before, I believe the last and current paint scheme is light blue with scarlet highlights. Something that should resemble the gremlin in the first Wayne's World.


No comments:

Post a Comment