Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Village Carpenter's Answer

The Village Carpenter's question is: If you could do your life over again, what would you do differently?


A bunch of stuff....I was no angel growing up, so maybe make the other decision would have been wiser. Not as fun, but wouldn't have limited some of my options later.


There was this girl, that I dumped for a younger, prettier model (kind of like a Barbie doll), that was a HUGE mistake. By the time, I realized it is was too late. I believe that a lot of my early adulthood decisions hinged on that mistake. Later, I met her husband which was the guy she dated right after me, they have two kids a nice house and are essentially happy.


Maybe when I went to college the first time, if I would have not had a full load and a full time job (that was also sixty miles away), I would have lasted a little longer. Maybe.

I probably shouldn't have married my first wife. I should have listened to the "adults" for my second.


All in all, all these experiences make me like I am today. Whether it is good or bad, this is me and I can't change anything from the past, just learn from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment