Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Nobody's Fault But Mine

I don't know what it is called so I will give an example and rant from there.

Scenario #1
When the senior says "I am going to go home for the day" and you ,the junior, says "don't worry I have it." Then later when someone comes looking for the senior, the junior says "he doing blah and blah," not mentioning he's at home and then calling or letting him know so and so is looking for him. What is that called?

Scenario #2
When the senior says "I am going to go home for the day" and you ,the junior, says "don't worry I have it." Then later when someone comes looking for the senior, the junior says "he's at home since this morning" and not doing anything extra . What is that called?


I call scenario number two, throwing someone under the bus or dropping dimes on someone. Either way the senior man is going to be in trouble later.

Some similar to the second example happened to me earlier in the day, so tomorrow morning I will be standing in front of the "boss" explaining why I wasn't where he had liked me to be. The job was still getting done, I was just not in the capacity to answer questions at the moment to the "boss" directly. It pisses me off when the junior guy completely lied to me about having control. (The junior guy is just junior to me, he has a bunch of rank.) The crappy part is not even fifteen minutes later I was back in the workplace, but the boss had already left for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment