Friday, December 14, 2007

RevGals Friday Five: Rejoice

Mother Laura for RevGals writes, Can you believe that in two days we'll be halfway through Advent? Gaudete Sunday: pink candle on the advent wreath, rose vestments for those who have them, concerts and pageants in many congregations. Time to rejoice!
Rejoice in the nearness of Christ's coming, yes, but also in the many gifts of the pregnant waiting time when the world (in the northern hemisphere, at least) spins ever deeper into sweet, fertile darkness.

(Side note: I have no idea what Mother Laura is talking about I just go with the flow on these.) (Side note to the side note: I may have a little idea, but my knowledge on these matters has lots of cobwebs.) (Side note to the side note of the original the side note: I have cleaned up most of the cobwebs by regualr field day but I am not the expert.)

What makes you rejoice about:
(Let me do a word game with this, I am going to put down the first word or phrase that comes to mind.)

1. Waiting?
Really?, How about...Surprise!

2. Darkness?
Peaceful

3. Winter?
Calming

4. Advent?
Billboards
(I still have no idea about advent, I would have to say that since I have researched it and have read some explainations, none of them have really stuck in my head.) (Heathen.)

5. Jesus' coming?
1975 and going strong.
(Don't expect anyone to get this, but if you do your brain probably works like mine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment